School Rules of Conduct
Teachers' Responsibilities | 教师
The school executive committee seeks experienced and kindhearted individuals to be volunteer teachers who shall fulfill the following responsibilities:
- Commit to teach the designated class for the whole school year (two semesters). If, for any personal reason, cannot complete the committed term, provide the school a two-week notice.
- A teacher is normally assigned to a grade for 3 years. After 3 years, or, in certain special cases approved by the principal, a teacher can be assigned to a different grade.
- At the beginning of each school year, submit the syllabus to the school for approval.
- Prepare the subject well in advance.
- Be in the classroom at least 5 minutes before the class.
- Chinese should be used as the major language in teaching. English can only be used for necessary explanation. Starting from third grade, English should be avoided if possible.
- Review the assignment to students on time and provide feedback.
- Treat all students equally.
- Clean the classroom including the blackboard after the end of class. Leave the classroom in a good order and turn off lights.
- Notify the school principal and/or the committee as soon as possible for any emergency.
- If for personal reasons cannot be in school for the class, inform the principal and/or school committee as soon as possible.
- Have an open mind towards suggestions and comments.
- Defer any conflicts to school officials.
- Actively participate in school meetings and activities.
- Follow school’s rules and regulations.
Parents' Responsibilities | 家长
All parents of our school students shall fulfill following responsibilities:
- Take your student(s) to school so students can arrive classroom on time and pick up your student(s) on time.
- Drive slowly and carefully in school area. Pay close attention to safety at all times.
- Do not stay in classroom unless on duty or required or permitted by specific classes.
- Do not leave any child of 5 years old or under in the classroom. If you have to, approval from the principal is needed.
- Be on time if you are on school duty. Make sure everything is in order. Pay attention to students’ safety. After school (around 5 pm), inspect all classrooms, vacuum and maintain classroom cleanliness, and turn off all lights, and bring the trash to outside dumpster.
- If you cannot be at school on your duty day, please arrange a substitute. If you find other parents agree to switch, please make such arrangement before Friday and inform the school.
- Encourage your student(s) to complete homework on time.
- Teach your students to follow school rules.
Students' Responsibilities | 学生
All students should follow the school rules and shall have the following responsibilities:
- Respect teacher and classmates.
- Complete home work on time.
- Be on-time for the class.
- Pay attention to teacher during the class, actively participate in classroom discussion, and raise hand before asking/answering questions.
- Do not run around during the recess; fighting is not tolerated at school.
- Keep class room neat and do not damage school’s property. Do not drawing or smearing on walls and desks. Do not littering anywhere in the school.
- Do not take anything that does not belong to you.
- Pay attention to safety at all times.
- 在学校不可以到处乱跑和打闹。 不乱涂乱画，不随地扔垃圾。
- 保持教室整洁。不要损坏学校财物。 不要去拿不是自己的东西。